Tuesday 6 March 2012

Work in progress: Ceri


Today I had a group work in progress with Ceri. We were told to bring all work relating to our self-promotion brief. I have decided to make bunting to send to the art directors. I’m not sure what has drawn me to the idea of making bunting, but I wanted to create something different to a regular concertina book or business card. The thought of an art director opening a seemingly boring envelop, to find bunting tumbling onto their desks is the current driving force at the moment. 

At the tutorial, Ceri said to think about the images I use – do I want to create new images or use work that I have from previous projects? Ceri also mentioned the size of the bunting, and how I plan on posting it, all questions I need to raise with myself. 
I have thought about making a combination of new and old images from this project and perhaps my previous Kate Bush project. I did have the intention of screen-printing onto the images, but fear that time may have escaped me on that one, so I think I’m going to digitally print a few copies – I will need to find out the price of this. The issue I am currently worried about is how I send the bunting out to the selected art director, I really don’t want to use a plain envelop as I think this could potentially get lost within other mail they that receive daily. I think I am going to send it in a clear plastic bag (that sounds awful, I know) with cardboard holding the address and postage stamp.


No comments:

Post a Comment