Tuesday 20 March 2012

Fig Taylor amazes us all

Today advertising agent Fig Taylor came in to talk to us all. The talk was literally a 'talk' - she had no laptop, no slide show to show us, it all came from her experience as an advertiser. It was an incredibly eye opening experience as Fig spoke of her career giving an abundance of advice for what is out there for us as graduates. As I said, it was eye opening, terrifying and exciting.

After her talk she sat in groups of people and offered to look at our work. It was like going to a medium, she held my work in her hands, muttered and then had a steady stream of advice tumbling from her. I got the feeling that she didn't like my work that much, but I was so grateful for the tips she gave me, and what avenues she felt I could go down. Fig mentioned that could see me working in (wait for it):

Food packaging/ bridal/ spiritual/ teen magazines and make up packaging.

YES, exactly what I was hoping for and a few more things to look at after I finish, so Fig, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment