Tuesday 14 February 2012

Presentation Document Tutorial

Today I had a presentation document tutorial with Alexandra in a group of about 8 people. She spoke of what we needed to do within our blog or handmade diary, she mentioned different techniques and what previous students decided to do last year. After Alexandra went through all of this she then asked for us to draw an image that we thought summed us up, i.e style and content. She then asked us, after 30 minutes to explain what and why we had chosen to draw and to answer questions she or other students asked.

This immediately made me feel nervous, I hate talking about my work, I'm not sure why but I become really sick and anxious. I drew onto cardboard images of shells, the sea is a subject of real interest for me.  It will never bore me to see the image of the sea - it's magical and a real influence on my work, so I mentioned this when I was speaking and I also spoke about how the sea scared me. I have a fear of drowning, so although I love the sea and find it immensely interesting, I also know that I am a rubbish swimmer and could potentially drown. I think this is a main influencer for my work, and I hadn't really realised so today was a real eye opener for me.




The northernmost point of Denmark, where the Baltic and North Seas meet. The two opposing tides in this place can not merge because they have different densities.

No comments:

Post a Comment